Practice Areas   


General Business
  • Business Entity Formation
  • Business Transactions
  • Business Restructuring
  • Mergers and Acquisitions
  • Purchase and Sale of Business Entities or Assets
  • Private Placements
  • Lease Negotiations
  • Voluntary and Involuntary Real Estate Exchanges (Sections 1031 and 1033)
  • Corporate Governance
  • Director and Officer Fiduciary Duties and Responsibilities
  • Related Party Transactions
  • Shareholder Relations
  • Buy-Sell Agreements
  • Employee Issues
  • Estate Planning
  • Business Succession Planning
  • Lifetime Gifts
  • Planning for Foreign Assets or Beneficiaries
  • Trust Administration
  • Wills and Trusts
  • Charitable Planning
  • Community Property Planning
  • Pre- and Post-Marital Agreements

  • International Tax and Business Advice
  • Investment by Non-U.S. Entities and Persons in the US
  • Tax Issues for U.S. Businesses Abroad
  • Estate and Gift Tax Issues for Non-U.S. Persons
  • Immigration Tax Planning
  • "Residence" for Federal and California Tax Purposes
  • Tax Planning
    For Businesses:
  • Compensation Planning
  • Partnerships and LLCs
  • Special Allocations
  • Redemptions
  • Restructurings
  • "S" Corporations
  • Tax Free and Taxable Mergers and Acquisitions
  • Voluntary and Involuntary Exchanges (Sections 1031 and 1033)

  • For Individuals:
  • Charitable Donation Planning
  • Lifetime Gifts
  • Real Property Sales, Purchases, or Transfers
  • Voluntary and Involuntary Exchanges (1031 and 1033)
  • Tax Disputes
  • Internal Revenue Service
  • California State Tax Disputes
  • Property Tax Matters
  • Sales and Use Tax Matters
  • Nonprofit and Tax-Exempt Entities
    Private Foundations
    Public Charities: Formation and Operating Advice
    CPA Liaison
    We are frequently hired by tax professionals, such as certified public accountants (CPAs) to assist them with various tasks. Additionally, when a CPA is needed, or would more efficiently provide services for your needs (such as tax return preparation and general financial advice), we are able to direct you to a CPA versed in your particular circumstances.